Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Protective Style Challenge

Hello Beautiful Ones,

Are you still protecting your hair?

Protective styles are hairstyles that are used to protect the ends of your hair, which is the oldest and weakest part of the hair strand. Preserving and retaining the ends of our hair gives us the length some of us desire. Protective styles are great because they require little maintenance and it requires low manipulation to the hair, which aids in hair preservation and hair growth. Protective styles are not limited to natural hair. Beauties with straight hair can wear nice protective styles also.

When I set my hair goals, I challenged myself this year to wear protective styles 90% of the time to achieve full armpit length by April 2013.

It's a WIG!!!

Another Fabulous Glamour Wig personally made by my stylist Alkhyseam Watson.
 

Preparation:
Followed my K.I.S.S.: Keep It Simple, Sexy regimen. I used Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask. I actully kept the same braids from my previous protective style. My stylist, Al, just braided a small portion of the loose hair.  He sown the hair to a cap and placed clips on the wig so I can secure the wig on my head. It is so cute and lightweight. It really does look natural.

Before and After...




For a custom-made wig, call Al at 404-455-1243. Tell him CAT referred you for a special discount.


Maintenance:
Moisturize every evening by spritzing with water and moisturizing with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl  Style Milk; seal with virgin coconut on the ends 2-3 times per week. I two-strand twist the front part of my hair that is loose every night. I undo the twist after I have showered and blend my hair with the wig. Sometimes, I lightly use African Royal Braid Spray in the morning on the braided part.  I tie with a scarf nightly and cover with a satin bonnet. Apply a finger tip amount of Olive Oil Ecostyler gel to my edges in the morning.


Show me your protective styles. If you want length & healthy hair, join me on my protective style challenge!

Good luck on your hair journey!

Luv,

Hair Kitty Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment